Hiroshi Ito is looking for a PhD candidate who has a solid background in control theory and related mathematics.
The student is expected to work on one of
but the topic is not necessarily limited to the above areas.
Some working knowledge about software and hardware will be advantageous, but not necessary. PhD candidates are entitled to apply for research scholarships provided by our university, which is worth about the tuition fee. There are other funding opportunities available from our university such as a student travel support program for attending conferences held in other countries.
Student residences are located in our campus. Our area is convenient for students including those from countries outside Asia. Living costs in our city are considerably less expensive than those in Tokyo area.
Every candidate must contact the desired supervisor, Hiroshi Ito, before applying for admission to the university.
Japanese school year is different from other countries. It starts in April. We also accept students starting the PhD program in October.
- Stability and robustness of nonlinear systems and networks
- Dynamics of complex and large-scale systems
- Design methodologies for robust nonlinear/linear feedback control
- Distributed parameter and time-delay systems
- Stability and robustness of nonlinear stochastic dynamical systems
- Mathematical systems biology
- Theory for cooperative systems for smart power grid
- Optimization and game theoretic methods for networks
- Multi-rate sampled-data control
- Decentralized and distributed control
- Multi-agent robotics
- Mathematical control theory
All interested candidates please send Hiroshi Ito a detailed CV at his email address. Please feel free to contact him for more information such as the timing of the application.